Thursday, February 1, 2018

Floral Stamp Made To Be Watercolored

Watercoloring becomes one of the most popular techniques among card makers nowadays. I enjoy floral stamps, but not every image is easy to watercolor. Today I am sharing a card created with a stamp made-to-be-watercolored. Hello Everyone!
Easy Stamp To Watercolor


A few days ago I received my latest order from Simon Says Stamp with Spring themed stamps and supplies. I wanted to have a beautiful floral stamp which is easy to colour and use for Friendship or Thank You cards.

Joy Clair HUGS AND SMILES Clear Stamp Set clr01005
When picking this Hugs And Smiles stamps set by Joy Clair  I noticed not only lovely sentiments, but also one design peculiarity which I really loved and will point out to you later.
Simple Watercoloring of Stamped Flowers

Why this stamp is made to-be-watercoloured?

Watercoloring is a technique requiring good painting skills and plenty of practice. Masterly watercolored cards are time consuming and complicated to make in several pieces. I am not a skilled painter and often ruin my cards while watercoloring them. Besides my intention was to make quickly
a bunch of cards to send to my friends.

While making this card I followed my favourite three steps: Stamp, Color, Embellish.

I stamped the flowers and the sentiment in black ink. Then loosely colored the flowers with Gansai Tambi watercolors.

The abstract style of these flowers requires no watercoloring skills. I kept the flowers centers lightly colored, and added more watercolor on the borders. The lines in the design of the flowers gave me a good guidance where to apply color intensively.

To embellish the card I popped the part of the sentiment up with a foam tape and added Nuvo Drops.

Remember what I said about the design peculiarity? I love these black dots on the stamp in different sizes. I simply added Nuvo Drops to some of them without considering placement, size or quantity. (Many of you may have heard these disputes about odd or even number of dots to add.) I find it very practical!
Simple Watercolored Card with Flowers

Nuvo Crystal Drops Full Colour Range Chart

If you are building your Nuvo Drops collection, you may want to use Tonic Studios official swatch chart. Download it HERE.

If you are my first-time reader and you enjoyed this post and the card, please follow my blog. In the coming days I will be sharing more cards made with my refreshed stash.

It's Okey to PIN ME!

Hover over photos and click on the Pin button to save to Pinterest or use floating Share buttons on the left side of the screen for desktops or top of the screen for mobile devices. Click HERE to follow the board with my best cards - Best of Sweet Kobylkin.
Simple Watercolored Card

Thank you for stopping by!
post signature
If Hugs And Smiles stamps set is out of stock at Simon Says Stamp, you may find it HERE at manufacturer's store.

3 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful card, Ksenija ! Your loose watercoloring is just fabulous, those Gansai Tambi watercolours were on my Santa wish list...but I'm afraid that Santa has eye problems, because he did not bring them to me! 😂
    I have a similar stamp from SSS (sketch ranunculus), I should give them a try with your technique!
    Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring with such beauties. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Isabelle, thank you for your kind comment.
      I suggest giving Santa eyeglasses till next Christmas :))
      Try these ranunculus and tag me somewhere, I don't want to miss your card :)
      Have a great Friday!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm, I am in love with this, Ksenija! Your coloring and dotting are absolute perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete