Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Merry Monday #120

Hello Everyone!

Last week we went to a countryside and I saw the river Volga for the first time in my life. I still do not know Russia well and travel occasionally and not far from Moscow. The evening by the Volga was fantastic reminding of the Russian classical literature of the 19th century. How was life those days? Steamboats travelled the Volga, life was quite, and 150 km was a big distance...



Today finally I got time to play with my favourite challenge Merry Monday. This week Nina is the hostess and she invites to use skis, skates or sledge on a card.


Frankly speaking, that was a bit complicated. I went through my stamps and found only one set meeting this requirement - The Wonder. Here is my take on the challenge:




I stamped the image and coloured it with pencils. The sentiment is stamped in pigment ink and heat embossed with Ultra Fine powder. And to finish I used my favourite Falling Snow stencil and white embossing paste. I applied Sparkle embossing powder over the wet paste and heated it when the paste dried.



Thanks for visiting! Have a nice day!
post signature
Cardstock: PTI Kraft and Pure Poppy
Stamps: Penny Black The Wonder
Other: HA Embossing Powders Ultra Fine and Sparkle, Ranger Distress Embossing Ink, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste White, SSS Stencil Falling Snow, Stazon Ink Jet Black, Dovecraft Pigment Ink Red

18 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable, this image is darling and I love the added texture of the embossing powder. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet image and so well done! I love the stenciled snow and everything is perfectly and pleasantly placed! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie. It was fun to play again with Merry Monday!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous card - I love that you stamped and colored on kraft and the falling slow look beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Just love your cute little hedgie and falling snow! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image, beautifully coloured and such a lovely Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the texture of your falling snow, and what an adorable image - LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. love how you made the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautifull done! Really like how you made the falling snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill! Stencils are y favourite means to create background. Your take on Merry Monday #120 is very cute!

      Delete
  9. Love this image...so cute! I love your falling snow, too! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Your bunny sledding on a leaf is so sweet!

      Delete